Thursday, February 9, 2012

Beauty

Beauty
 Our own experiences of beauty will often diverge from the experiences of others.


7 comments:

Jeannine Ryan said...

Beauty is in hte eye of the beholder.....

Dawn M. Belson said...

I like the additions you added to your Blog.

Dawn M. Belson said...

That's so funny Kathy, after I read your quote, I thought of the saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and then I saw Jeannine's comment. Great minds think alike.

Laura's Blog said...

"...beauty reveals itself in the course of an experience with an object." So often people just use the comment on how beautiful something is without thinking of the true meaning of beauty.

Sean said...

What is the true meaning of beauty??? What happens if your experiences bring out the ugliness...?

Maureen said...

I liked the way Gardner compared our conceptions of beauty to a moving target in this chapter. Our judgments of beauty most definitely change over time!

Erika H said...

Beauty is an opinion I think. It can open up conversation, lead to understanding similarities and differences. It can cause problems, as well. But it certainly keeps things interesting.